Development Scholarship for International Students in Czech Republic, 2020: Interested and qualified international students are encouraged to apply for the 2020 Development Scholarship to be taken in Czech Republic. The scholarship is administered as a one-time lump-sum payment of CZK 75,000 which is approximately EUR 3000 to selected students to support the student’s necessary living costs.
The Development Scholarship for International students is supported by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Applicants from developing countries and countries going through a process of political and economic transition are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity and apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
Scholarship to be taken at: Charles University, Czech Republic
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: CZK 75,000
Subject Eligibility: Social Science and related courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The award is for students from developing countries.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Development Scholarship for International Students in Czech Republic, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be students from developing countries studying in one of the Social Science faculty’s fee-based study programmes in one of the first three years of Bachelor’s programmes or first two years of study for Master’s programmes.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant certificates required for admission into and undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the Charles University.
- Scholarship is for students beginning their studies in the 2020 academic session and students who would wish to defer their admission will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership ability and must be willing to abide by the regulations governing the conducts of students at the host university.
- MA funding for UK/EU and International Students At University of York 2020
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program 2020/2021 (Fully-Funded to Study in USA)
Application Procedures for the Development Scholarship for International Students in Czech Republic, 2020
Applicants are to submit their application with complete documents necessary, all documents must be written in English language or accompanied with certified translations
Application must include completed application form, motivation essay of no more than 1000 words detailing why applicant need the scholarship and what he/she hope to gain during the studies at Charles University.
Applicants are also to submit two letters of recommendation from teachers from previous studies and one letter of recommendation from a Charles University academic.
Applicants are to send their application to:
Kateřina Frídlová (Hollar Building, room 216),
the International Office
Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
110 01 Praha 1, Czechia.
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2020