2020 NWAG Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate Students: Entries are invited from qualified female Nigerians to apply for the 2020 Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) for the 2020 academic session. NWAG plans to award 37 one-time scholarships to one student per state as well as for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) who are in their undergraduate studies in any Nigerian University.
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) was founded in April, 2000 as a non-profit, community-focused, service-oriented organization in Atlanta, Georgia. Its mission is to serve the local Atlanta Metro community and country and Nigeria by empowering, enriching and educating women and the youth thereby fostering togetherness and excellence in their collective pursuits.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): NWAG
Scholarship to be taken at: Nigeria
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: N100,000
Subject Eligibility: All courses tenable at a Nigerian university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The award is for female Nigerian students.
You may also like: Shell Nigeria Scholarship for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students, 2020
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 NWAG Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate Students, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be Nigerian student undergoing an undergraduate study in any recognized Nigerian University.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership and academic ability and must possess a good academic track record.
- Scholarship is for students beginning their studies in the 2020 academic session and students who would wish to defer their admission will not be considered for the scholarship.
- EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program for Undergraduates and Graduate Students, 2020
- Development Scholarship for International Students in Czech Republic, 2020
Application Procedures for the 2020 NWAG Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate Students
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form before the scholarship deadline:
- Proof of State of Origin being a letter of origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: church Pastor/ mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or applicant’s lecturer.
- A letter of recommendation from either the Dean of faculty/school or Head of Department.
- Student identification card
- A current passport photograph
- Applicants are to detail why they should be awarded the scholarship in not more than one-half typed page.
- A type-written, double-spaced, two page essay on “Human Trafficking is on the rise. Explain the rapid spread and its effect on the human race”. How can it be topped?
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2020