2020 TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship for Young Scientist: Entries are requested from young foreign scientists from developing countries for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship programme. The fellowships are tenable at the SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India for studies leading to a doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in the physical sciences for a four-year period with the possibility of extension for another on year.
The TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship award will make available monthly stipend to cover living costs and food and free on-campus accommodation. Young foreign scientists are encouraged to grasp the opportunity to be trained in a world-class facility with all the fellowship benefits attached.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): The World Academy of Science (TWAS) and SN Bose National Centre for Basic Science
Fellowship to be taken at: Kolkata, India
Fellowship level: Young Researchers
Fellowship Worth: Fully Funded
Subject Eligibility: Physical Sciences
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for young researchers from developing countries.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship for Young Scientist, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of a developing country and must not be older than 35 years on 31st December of the application year.
- Applicants must hold a masters degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry and must have completed at least a five years of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in a recognized university or institute.
- Applicants must be accepted into a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre to enrol for a Ph.D programme.
- Applicants must show clear evidence of proficiency in English if medium of education was not English.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country on completion of the fellowship.
You May See:
- International Science Graduate Scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2020/21
- Call for Application: David Hopper Prizes for Leadership in Research for Development
Application Procedures for the 2020 TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship for Young Scientist
Applicants are to first apply for a place at the SN Bose National Centre. Applicants are to submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
Application for the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme can only be submitted through the online application portal.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020