British Council’s in Motion Grant and the Prince Claus Fund Mobility Grant for Culture and Development is designed for artists and cultural professionals who are passionate about their career and will like to take it to a higher level. The grant will help strengthen the cultural heritage of the different African countries be developing and assisting emerging artists in their professional growth and networking possibilities in Africa and beyond.
The British Council and Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development are inviting proposals to support Mobility in and from Africa, by prioritising the artistic prowess of young and talented Africans. The fund honours the outstanding achievement of visionaries at the front-line of culture and development with annual Prince Claus awards; protects cultural heritage by providing ‘first aid’ to rescue heritage threatened by human factors or natural causes. The fund supports innovative and excellent cultural initiatives.
Grant Sponsor(s): British Council’s in Motion Grant/Prince Claus Fund Mobility Grant
Grant Type: Full
Grant level: Not stated
Grant Worth: All expense paid
Grant Eligibility: The Grant is for artists and cultural related courses.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Students from the following countries are eligible to apply: Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania,, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
You can also apply for :British Council Future Leaders Connect for Young Leaders to UK, 2019
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicants for the grant must be emerging artists and cultural practitioners or those representing independent cultural/artistic organizations.
- Applicants must be young between 18 and 35 years of age. Special consideration will be given to women artists and LGBTQI+ community related projects.
- Applicants focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines including cultural capacity building are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with any form of disability making it difficult to travel alone can apply for an additional Access Grant which will contribute to the additional costs incurred as a result of the condition.
Application Procedure for the British Council-Prince Claus Fund Mobility Grant for Culture and Development
- Applicant must be the traveller personally and not a host organization.
- Applicants are to download the application, fill it in and then send to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a curriculum vitae and an invitation letter from the inviting organization.
- Successful applicants will be required to supply scanned copies of original travel receipts together with a signed digital copy of a Narrative Report.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for more information
Application Deadline: Applicants are to send in their applications at least eight (8) weeks before the proposed date of travel.
I want to study masters abroad if i get full sponsorship.
I want to study masters abroad.