Alan S. Tetelman Fellowships for International Research AND the Robert C. Bates Summer Fellowship, 2020: Applications from suitably qualified candidates are requested for the Alan S. Tetelman Fellowships for International Research AND the Robert C. Bates Summer Fellowship for the 2020 academic session. The fellowship aims to empower and support original undergraduate research projects abroad in the natural and applied sciences. It is expected that applicants will have some previous research experience at Yale or elsewhere. The Robert S. Bates Summer Fellowship supports student STEM-based research projects outside of the continental U.S. that might not otherwise be covered by the Tetelman Fellowship. The fellowships however do not support structured programs such as internships and coursework.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Alan S. Tetelman Fellowships and Robert C. Bates Summer Fellowship
Fellowship to be taken at: Yale University, USA
Fellowship Type: Fellowship
Fellowship level: Undergraduate
Fellowship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Undergraduate courses supported by the fellowships.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for international students all over the world
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Alan S. Tetelman Fellowships for International Research AND the Robert C. Bates Summer Fellowship, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international students wishing to advance their educational career.
- Applicants must submit the following materials:
1) A description of the proposed research project, including the research and training objectives, and how these will prepare the applicant for further study in his or her field of interest.
2) A proposed project budget.
3) A copy of the applicant’s academic transcript.
4) A CV/résumé
5) Description of relevant experience.
6) If required, a language evaluation.
7) A confidential evaluation from the proposed mentor, including evaluation of the qualifications and potential of the student, the scholarly and pedagogic merits of the proposed project, and a detailed plan for the supervision of the project.
If the mentor will not be accompanying the student during the project period, a letter of support from the in-country institution or institutions where the project will be carried out.
8) Up to one additional recommendation addressing the applicant’s qualifications for the proposed project. If the mentor is not a Yale faculty member, applicants are strongly advised to seek this additional recommendation from a Yale faculty member.
- Call for Applications: SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship 2020 for Young Innovators
- Global Initiative Resilience Fund: Apply for Resilience Fellowship 2020
Application Procedure for the Alan S. Tetelman Fellowships for International Research AND the Robert C. Bates Summer Fellowship, 2020
Applicants must submit their applications online through the Student Grants & Fellowships database before the deadline.
Application Deadline: February 27th, 2020