2020 PhD Scholarships for International Students at University of Worcester: Entries are hereby requested from international students for the 2020 PhD Scholarships at the University of Worcester, UK for the PhD Studentship in English Literature and the Environmental Humanities. Applicants for the scholarship who will be awarded the scholarship will have the opportunities to gain experience in learning and teaching within the school under the guidance of the student’s Director of Studies.
The scholarship aims at supporting international who without funding will not be able to afford education at the University of Worcester. The Scholarship will provide tax free bursary of £15,000 for a period of 3 years for students as well as provide a fee-waiver for 4 years amongst other things.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Research School of the University of Worcester
Scholarship to be taken at: United Kingdom
Scholarship level: Doctoral (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Subject Eligibility: PhD in English Literature and the Environmental Humanities.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for international students.
You may also like: Graduate Research Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2020
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 PhD Scholarships for International Students at University of Worcester, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants are to possess a first or upper second (2:1) honours degree in a relevant critical field such as English Literature or Cultural Studies; graduates of Joint and Combined Honours degree programmes are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must also possess a master’s degree either taught or research-based. Applicants who are currently enrolled in a master’s programme should have completed it by the time of enrolment onto the PhD studentship.
- Applicants must possess strong communication skills, and reasonable computer literacy.
- Applicants must be passionate about their discipline, highly motivated to carry out doctoral research and possess excellent time-management and team-working skills.
- Applicants are to submit research proposal that demonstrate relevance to the thematic area, clear potential to make original and significant contribution to knowledge.
A tax free bursary of £15,000 for a period of 3 years
A fee waiver for 4 years
A budget to support applicant’s project costs for the first 3 years of the project and a laptop
Use of the Research Student Study Space in Research School.
- 2020 PhD Award Programmes at Southern Cross University, Australia
- 2021 Call for Application: LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship for Africans
Application Procedures for the 2020 PhD Scholarships for International Students at University of Worcester
Applicants are to apply for the studentship scholarship by visiting the application webpage and choose the project you wish to apply for.
Applicants are to include a detailed research proposal in their application (max. 1,000 words). Research proposal should locate their project in relation to appropriate contexts and existing scholarship in the field, making claim for the originality and significance of your proposed research. An indicative/preliminary bibliography of primary and secondary texts should also be included.
All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to make an informal enquiry at the address before submitting an application. Enquiries to be made by contacting Prof. Michael Bradshaw by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 8th June, 2020