2021 Call for Application: LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship for Africans: Application are invited from qualified Africans for the In-Country/In-Region Scholarship at Malawi. The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally recognized higher education systems in the African Sub-Saharan region with the potential to contribute to the sustainable development of Africa.
The LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship is granted for a doctoral or master’s degree programme that are development-oriented for students who are willing to pursue a career in research and/or teaching at a higher education institution in the Sub-Saharan Africa. Applicants are therefore encouraged to make good use of the scholarship opportunity and advance their career.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development
Scholarship to be taken at: Sub-Saharan Africa, Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR)
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded, a monthly scholarship payment for living costs, health/accident/personal liability insurance, a flat-rate travel allowance.
Subject Eligibility: PhD in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science; Master of Science in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
You may also like: Now Open: Google Africa Developer Scholarship 2020
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2021 Call for Application: LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship for Africans, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (masters candidates) or have completed a masters degree in relevant discipline (PhD candidates).
- Applicants must show clear commitment and strong motivation for the scholarship programme.
- Applicants have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application and must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
- Call for Application: ASRIC-UEMF Scholarships for African Scholars, 2020
- Centre for the Study of African Economies Visiting Fellowships for African Scholars, 2021
Application Procedures for the 2021 Call for Application: LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship for Africans
The application process for the scholarship is in two steps. First, the applicant must apply for their studies at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) using the contacts and the method prescribed by the university.
The second step is when LUANAR will pre-select and shortlist the applicants and will provide them with a link to the DAAD-Portal where they will be able to register themselves and submit a DAAD application.
Applicants are to submit the required supporting documents as applications without the relevant supporting documents will not be accepted.
Documents to be submitted in English:
• DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
• Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
• Recommendation letter by university teachers (Master 1, PhD 2)
• Letter of admission for the host university
• Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
• Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
• Copy of the passport
• if applicable, information on the UNHCR registration as refugee
PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
• Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
• Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and time table (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see
• Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal)
Application Deadline: June 2nd, 2020
[…] You may also like: 2021 Call for Application: LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship for Africans […]
there is no clue on how to apply no link no online active site so how could we apply for Malawi please
Hello Habtamu, all the information required is available at the official website. So do well to visit the official website and follow the instructions provided. Best regards.
[…] You May Like: LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship for Africans […]