Graduate Research Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2020: International students wishing to study in Australia for a fully-funded masters and PhD Scholarships for the 2020/21 academic session are invited to apply for the Graduate Research scholarship at the University of Melbourne, Australia. The scholarship is a full fee offset award for up to two years for students enrolled in a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a Ph.D. programme.
The scholarship is supported by the University of Melbourne and it is for high-achieving students who are passionate about advancing their educational career in a world-class university. The University of Melbourne established in 1853 is a public-spirited institution known for its distinctive contributions to humanity in terms of research, learning and teaching and engagement.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Melbourne
Scholarship to be taken at: Australia
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Slots: Approximately 600
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fees, living allowance, relocation allowance, health cover.
Subject Eligibility: All study areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for Domestic and International students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for Graduate Research Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
- Applicants for the Masters by Research award must have obtained relevant first degree from a recognized university with excellent grades while Ph.D. applicants must have obtained relevant masters degree in relevant disciplines.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong motivation and commitment to the scholarship.
- Applicants are to note that eligible candidates are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Full fee offset for up to two years for Master’s degree applicants or up to four year for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $31,200 per year for up to two year for Masters by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Ph.D. programme.
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) single membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.
- International Undergraduate Warhawk Scholarship at Auburn University at Montgomery in USA, 2020
- Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students at the University of Edinburgh
Application Procedures for the Graduate Research Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2020
Applicants must apply for a graduate research course at the University of Melbourne, Australia before the closing date for that course. Applicants will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. Applicants will receive notification that a scholarship application has been added to him/her within seven days of having submitted the course application.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2020