PhD Scholarships for International Students in Oil and Gas 2020: Entries are welcomed from international students for the 2020 PhD scholarships in Oil and Gas at the University of Queensland, Australia. The University of Queensland’s Centre for Natural Gas (UQ-CNG) was established to contribute to the onshore gas sector through research and education as well as the provision of independent science and evidence-based advice to the various stakeholders such as the government, industry, regulators and community.
The scholarship award known as the Energi Simulation Industrial Research Program aims at providing a number of higher degree research opportunities for quality candidates. The candidates will have the opportunity of developing a practical understanding of current research challenges and current industry work practices. International as well as domestic students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Energi Simulation, the University of Queensland
Scholarship to be taken at: Australia
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,092
Subject Eligibility: Engineering, Computing Science, Mathematics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international and domestic doctoral students.
You may also like: 2020 PhD Scholarships for International Students at University of Worcester
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for PhD Scholarships for International Students in Oil and Gas 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the international students’ scholarship must have been offered a full-time admission to study a doctoral course in the oil and gas at the University of Queensland.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree in a related course from a recognized university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent which includes a relevant research component.
- Applicants must have completed and obtained a master’s degree in relevant course for an approved university.
- Applicants must be sure that their degree or professional experience demonstrates their knowledge of the discipline in which they plan to undertake in the PhD studies.
- Applicants must be ready to commence their studies as soon as possible knowing that enrolment in the PhD program is in research quarters and commencement in a research quarter is fixed to a specific period.
- Applicants must have additional skills that would be favourable which include previous experience in geostatistics, geological or flow modelling or coding. programming (MatLab, Python, R, etc).
- Applicants must be a good team player with a strong professional work ethic. Applicants should have excellent communication skills in terms of both written and spoken English Language as you will be expected to produce high quality journal articles and present to international audiences.
- PhB Science Scholarship At Australian National University 2020
- University of Adelaide CRC PhD Scholarships for International Students (Fully Funded to Australia)
Application Procedures for the PhD Scholarships for International Students in Oil and Gas 2020
Applicants are to apply for admission first and they are to note that there is no separate application for scholarship because he/she will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission. But before submitting an application, applicants should:
- Check their eligibility
- Prepare their documentation
- Contact Professor Suzanne Hurter (email@example.com) to discuss your suitability for the scholarship.