2020 GSEP Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Scheme: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified students from developing countries for the 2020 GSEP Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship program to be awarded to exceptionally brilliant students for Masters degree studies.
The one-of-a-kind scholarship program aims at fostering the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership.
Scholarships to be taken at: Institutions where studies are undertaken (universities based in developing countries).
Scholarship Type: Full.
Scholarship level: Masters
Slots: 125 Scholarships awarded already, number available not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Up to $21,000 US per year for two years maximum.
Subject Eligibility: Masters studies in sustainable Energy development
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Students of developing countries.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields.
- Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2020. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
Recommended For You:
- Masters Scholarship in Belgium for Developing Countries, 2020
- TWAS Science Awards for Developing Countries 2020
- Fully-Funded Scholarships for Foreign Students by the Government of Brunei Darussalam, 2020/2021
Application Procedures for the 2020 GSEP Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Scheme – How-to-Apply:
Applications for this scholarship are to be submitted online with all required supporting documents submitted.
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university program of choice
- Program outline
- University transcript(s)
- Academic Reference Form
- Academic or personal reference letter
You are advised to proceed to the official website and access the ‘how to apply’ page for details on document requirements.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2020.