2020 Africa Women Leadership Fund Initiative Award Program: Applications are sought from African women who are fund managers for the 2020 Africa Women Leadership Fund Initiative which is an initiative of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and Standard Bank Group to impact fund that will provide capital and expertise to successful candidates.
The African Women Leadership Fund Initiative (AWLF) has been founded with the aim of uplifting female-owned and managed asset management firms and providing a defined economic stimulus to achieve sustainable economic growth in Africa. The fund aims at raising over $1 billion over the 10 years for women fund managers to drive and impact businesses and projects across the African continent.
Program Sponsor(s): UNECA/Standard Bank
Program to be taken at: Africa
Program level: Not specified
Program Worth: Program intends to raise $1 billion over ten years for women
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The program is for women applicants across Africa.
You may also like: 2020 World Trade Organization Young Professionals Programme
Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 Africa Women Leadership Fund Initiative Award Program, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be female resident of an African country or be willing to relocate to Africa and must possess proven fund-or-asset-management experience.
- Applicants must be willing to be subjected to an investment and operational due-diligence process that will need to be completed by the end of August 2020.
- Applicants must be able to communicate effectively and must demonstrate strong leadership and academic potential.
- Applicants must show strong commitment to the development of businesses and entrepreneurship as a whole in Africa.
- Applicants must be women professionals working in existing and established firms with suitable fund management experience in the listed or private market space.
- 2020 AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programs for Africans
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) for Study in Singapore 2020
Application Procedure for the 2020 Africa Women Leadership Fund Initiative Award Program
Applicants are to visit the online application webpage and complete the application form provided.
Applicants will be asked to answer questions about their investment fund experience and background.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2020