2020 World Trade Organization Young Professionals Programme: Young Professionals are hereby encouraged to apply for the 2020 World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals programme which is a unique avenue for qualified young people from developing and least-developed country(LDC) WTO members to enhance their knowledge and skills on WTO and international trade issues.
The programme focuses on widening the pool of professionals from the WTO countries who can later be more competitive with respect to recruitment in the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations. Each young Professional may express interest in not more than three areas of WTO work and in order of preference.
Programme Sponsor(s): World Trade Organization (WTO)
Programme to be taken at: Switzerland
Programme level: Not stated
Programme Worth: CHF 3,500 monthly
Subject Eligibility: Law, Economics, other international trade-related subjects.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The programme is for young professional from WTO member countries.
Programme Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 World Trade Organization Young Professionals Programme, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have obtained advanced university degree in the eligible courses relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Applicants must have a general knowledge about the work of the WTO and must possess good drafting skills in English. Ability to draft in French and/or Spanish would be an advantage.
- Applicants must possess the ability to work independently and in a team while also demonstrating strong interest in international trade and the multilateral trading system.
- Applicants must possess also a minimum of two years of professional experience relevant to the work of the World Trade Organization.
- University of Adelaide CRC PhD Scholarships for International Students (Fully Funded to Australia)
- International Achievement Scholarship At PSU in the USA, 2020
Application Procedures for the 2020 World Trade Organization Young Professionals Programme
Applicants must submit their application through the e-recruitment system alongside their cover letter of motivation.
Applicants must note that WTO may use various communication technologies such as video or teleconference for the assessment and evaluation of applicants. The process may also involve the use of various testing, assessment centres, interviews and reference checks.
Application Deadline: 29th May, 2020