2020 AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programs for Africans: The African Economic Research Consortium hereby invites application from network of researchers and faculty to submit an expression of interest to be a part of the AERC-World bank visiting scholars programme. The fellowship is to enable participants spend time at the World Bank, Work on their research focus relevant to economic development in Africa as well as work with the World Bank’s researchers in Africa.
The visiting scholars will be expected to be part of the AFRCE team and also attend the AFRCE-led activities. The scholars will amongst other things benefit from capacity-building efforts and also collaborate with scholars and peers carrying out analytical work on World Bank Regional Flagship Studies.
Program Sponsor(s): World Bank Group
Program to be taken at: World Bank Regional Office, Africa
Program level: Professional
Program Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The program is for African scholars.
You may also like: 2021 Call for Application: LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship for Africans
Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programs for Africans, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an AERC researcher, including researchers from the AERC collaborative PhD programme CPP.
- Applicants must have an active AERC research project at least at interim/post field or final research paper stage.
- The research project must be pertinent to the research agenda of the World Bank Africa Region.
- Applicants must have completed a PhD programme.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership potential and must be able to interface with people of diverse religion and race.
- World Bank – ACEWM Masters and PhD Scholarships for Africans at Addis Ababa University, 2020
- University of Salford Africa Scholarships for African Students
Application Procedures for the 2020 AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programs for Africans
Applicants must submit an expression of interest application to contain:
- A two-page statement of interest.
- A draft paper on a subject pertinent to the research agenda of the Africa region of the World Bank and imperatives facing African development.
- If the applicant teaches a relevant course, the curriculum/course materials that you would like to improve while visiting the World Bank.
- Applicant’s copy of updated curriculum vitae.
Application packages must be emailed to the AERC Research Department (email@example.com)
Application Deadline: 18th May, 2020