World Bank – ACEWM Masters and PhD Scholarships for Africans: The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the World Bank Group is calling for applications from suitably qualified Africa Postgraduate Students to enrol for the World Bank – ACEWM Masters and PhD Scholarships for Africans scheduled to commence 2020/2021 academic year.
The Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) is an initiative of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the World Bank Group and through the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) Regional Center hosted by the Addis Ababa University (AAU). Since 2016, ACEWM has been offering an interdisciplinary MSc and PhD programs in the field of water management, with the primary purpose of training the next generation of water educators, researchers, managers, and professionals and engaging in community outreach activities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): World Bank Group
Scholarships to be taken at: ACEWM – Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Subject Eligibility: See Research Interests (below).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African Students.
Also, Check: Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 for Students of Developing Nations
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Ph.D. applicants must have a Master’s Degree earned from a college or university of recognized standing with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or equivalent in ECTS. However, applicants with grade point averages between 3.0 and 3.5 will be given consideration based on their experience and achievement.
- Applicants to the Ph.D. program should provide evidence of capacity for research. This includes a master’s thesis published paper in reputable journal or other appropriate evidence of capacity to conduct high quality research.
- All applicants’ undergraduate Cumulative GPA must not be less than 2.75 for males and not less than 2.50 for females on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants who have completed their degree/diploma from foreign universities (other than Ethiopia) are required to obtain their degree/diploma equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) before admission. (Academic documents authentication by relevant office is mandatory during admission).
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of English language and provide proof of proficiency.
- The age limit at the time of application for M.Sc. applicants is 30 years or less and for Ph.D. 40 years or less.
- Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University (www.aau.edu.et)
- Water Science and
- Aquatic Ecosystems
- Hydrology & Water
- Water Quality Management
- Water Supply and
- Aquatic Ecosystems Management
- Water and Wastewater
- Hydrology and Water
- How to Apply for the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020
- The Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship for African Students at Ashesi University, Ghana
Application Procedures for the World Bank – ACEWM Masters and PhD Scholarships for Africans at Addis Ababa University:
The following are the application requirements and procedures for the
- A cover page containing applicant’s full name as it appears on applicant’s ID/Passport, full contact details including residential and postal address, email and telephone number(s),
- A copy of ID/Passport, • Detailed curriculum vitae not exceeding 4 pages,
- Authenticated copies of previous degrees and official transcripts from previous university/college,
- Applicants wishing to pursue a PhD program should submit a concept note not exceeding 5 pages.
- Applicants for PhD programs should identify at least one PhD supervisor and include CV of her/his potential supervisor and consent to supervise the applicant’s research work during the study period.
- Applicants for PhD programs should be willing to undertake their fulltime research in Ethiopia A personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate’s interest to join the program not exceeding 500 words,
- Applicants sponsored by their institutions are required to submit a sponsorship letter from their institution. (The form can be downloaded from www.aau.edu.et/?wpdmact=process&did=MTUuaG90bGluaw)
- Employed applicants must provide a letter of full commitment from their employers that they will be granted study leave.
- Three letters of recommendation from instructors/supervisors from previous educational institution, organizations,
- Certificate of professional experience if there is any,
How to Apply
Applications should be made using the online application form at- https://acewm-aau.org/call-for-application-2020-2021/
An electronic copy of the application documents in English and in a single PDF document shall be submitted to both of the following contacts:
Mr. Netsanet Assefa, Student Affairs Officer, ACEWM, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Ahmed Mustefa, Academic Program Officer, Email: email@example.com
Dr. Beteley Tekola, Deputy Head, ACEWM, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should see specific program details for Student from Ethiopia and Students from African Countries Other Ethiopia
Application Deadline: 15 June, 2020
I already have bachelor degree in electrical engineering. do you have Masters scholarship with it and other related programes?
[…] World Bank – ACEWM Masters and PhD Scholarships for Africans at Addis Ababa University, 2020 […]