Call for Application: World Bank Group Young Professionals Program 2020: The World Bank, International Finance Corporation and Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency is pleased to announce the commencement of application for the Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP). The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development/finance and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the World Bank Group.
The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals who hold a graduate degree and are skilled in areas relevant to public and private sector development operations. Applications are invited from qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Sub-Saharan African national, Caribbean nationals, women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Program Sponsor(s): World Bank Group (WBG), International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
Program to be taken at: World Bank Group Headquarters
Program level: Professionals
Program Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Economics, Finance, Education, Health, Social Sciences, Infrastructure Development, Engineering, Urban Planning, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The program is for young professionals across the world.
You may also like: 2020 AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programs for Africans
Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: World Bank Group Young Professionals Program 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must possess a master’s degree or doctoral degree at the time of applying for the young professional’s program.
- Applicants must specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas.
- Applicants must have relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level.
- Applicants must be fluent in English
- The world Bank Group applicants must demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
- The IFC and MIGA applicants must demonstrate 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Health, Life and accident insurance and a pension plan.
- Relocation and Mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines
- Graduate Internship Programme at UNFPA 2020 – How to Apply
- World Bank – ACEWM Masters and PhD Scholarships for Africans at Addis Ababa University, 2020
Application Procedures for the Call for Application: World Bank Group Young Professionals Program 2020
Applicants are to submit a resume/CV together with academic transcripts. Applicants will be requested to submit two short essays in 500 words or less on why the applicants want to work at the World Bank Group and why they think they are a good fit for the program. The second essay should be on the applicant’s thoughts on the value of the new World Bank Group Young Professionals Program and why joint WBG solutions (public, public-private and private) to development challenges are so important.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020 for all profiles
August 17- September 21, 2020 application re-opens for IFC and MIGA profiles only.