YALI Regional Leadership Programme 2020: The Young Africa Leadership Initiative (YALI) at its Southern Africa Regional Leadership Centre is welcoming applications from interested and qualified candidates for their Online Programme Cohort 9 which is now open. There is the need to invest in grooming strong, results-oriented leaders stemming from the statistics: nearly 1 in 3 Africans are between the ages of 10 and 24, and approximately 60% of Africa’s total population is below the age of 35.
Who will empower and lead these young Africans? Who will shape the future of business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership, and public management? In order to answer these questions, YALI promotes three models designed to identify and empower young leaders: the YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship, YALI Network, and now the establishment of Regional Leadership Centers across Africa.
Company/Organisation: Young Africa Leadership Initiative (YALI)
Program Title: Online Programme Cohort 9.
Program Location: YALI Southern Africa Regional Leadership Centre, South Africa.
Program Type: Leadership Training.
Program Duration: Not Stated
Program Basic Qualification: See Program Eligibility Criteria (below).
You May Also Like: 2020 Fortis Fellowship for International Students
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The program is open to young African leaders aged 18 – 35 years old depending on their level of experience and track record in their chosen sector.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Age (18-35)
- English language proficiency
- Portuguese speaking participants will be accommodated in the Mozambique Hub at UEM
- A commitment to positively impact Africa, their own countries as well as communities
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and interest in Public Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Civic Leadership
- Commitment to serve the development agenda of the African continent
Young leaders from the following countries are eligible to participate in the programme: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Kingdom of Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Selection for participation in the YALI RLC SA will be conducted by a selection panel which will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- A proven record of leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement. They can be new entrants in public and private service institutions looking to develop their leadership abilities.
- Proven record of knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
- Proven record of active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- Selected participants applying for the contact session must be willing to travel to the RLC SA in Midrand, Johannesburg or Maputo for the duration of the program.
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of youth leadership and development issues
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a small or large team setting
- Proven computer skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Positive attitude
- Dedication, responsibility and reliability
Application Procedures for the YALI Regional Leadership Programme 2020 – How-to-Apply:
If you have read and meet up the program eligibility criteria, then: Click Here to Apply
Please note that participants from Tanzania and the DRC should apply for Yali RLC East Africa. Visit the yalieastafrica.org website for further information.
Application Deadline: 1 May 2020