UNEP/UNESCO/BMU International Fellowship Programme, 2020: The Centre for International Postgraduate Studies of Environmental Management (CIPSEM) is pleased to welcome application from qualified candidates for the 81st UNEP/UNESCO/BMU International Short Course programme (fellowship). The course is to urgently address the need for action to deal with the huge social, environmental and economic costs associated with ‘business as usual’ as people every year are involved in avoidable accidents and others are exposed to outdoor pollution.
The course concept is built on the ‘Avoid Shift Improve’ approach recommended by the high ranking UN advisory group on sustainable transport as a useful framework for assessing traffic measures and for measures to support sustainable passenger and freight transport. Participants will learn from each other’s experiences, present the respective national transport policies and develop sustainable processes and measures from their country.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Centre for International Postgraduate Studies of Environmental Management (CIPSEM)
Fellowship to be taken at: Denmark
Fellowship Worth: 550 €
Subject Eligibility: Any course
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for international applicants.
You may also like:IELTS Test Fee Fully-Funded for International Students, 2020
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the UNEP/UNESCO/BMU International Fellowship Programme, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international professional primarily senior management experts with a technical background in traffic and urban planning. They may be managerial level and decision-makers with tasks in environmental-related planning, coordination and management in ministries, authorities, local government and non-governmental institutions of developing countries including newly industrialized economies.
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- Applicants must possess adequate communication skills in English language and the nomination by the delegating institution are mandatory.
- Applicants must be ready to attend courses on full-time basis and attendance of lectures and excursions is compulsory.
- Call for Application: YALI Regional Leadership Programme 2020
- UN Scholarships and Research Grants for International Students, 2020
Application Procedures for the UNEP/UNESCO/BMU International Fellowship Programme, 2020
Applicants are to visit the official website to complete the online application. Applicants are to be nominated by a delegating institution. The programme is highly competitive and only best qualified applicants will be considered.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2020