Senior Researcher African Scholar Program at the Nordic Africa Institute: The Nordic Africa Institute is pleased to announce the application for a senior researcher of the African Scholar Program for the 2020 cycle. The Nordic Africa Institute (NAI) was established to provide knowledge in the form of high-quality research, timely information and extensive documentation on Africa
The NAI is currently implementing a five (5) year strategy which entails promotion of academic and policy oriented research programs on Africa in the Nordic Countries as one of its strategic goals. NAI offers a stimulating intellectual environment, an interdisciplinary research orientation, a team of researchers from diverse social inclination and natural scientific backgrounds and a modern library learning facility.
Program Sponsor(s): Nordic Africa Institute
Program to be taken at: Africa
Program level: Senior Researcher
Program Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Climate change and sustainable development, Conflict and security, Mobility and migration, gender equality.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Program is for African candidates.
Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Senior Researcher African Scholar Program at the Nordic Africa Institute, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have obtained a PhD degree in a social science or humanities disciplines. The applicant should have a considerable experience of work on Africa-related issues.
- Applicant must occupy a current research/teaching position in a university or research institution in Africa.
- Applicants must possess strong writing ability and capacity to present complex issues in a readable form for both academic and non-academic audiences.
- Applicants must have knowledge of Africa’s scientific community, policy environment, and other relevant stakeholders and actors in Africa.
- Applicants must possess strong communication skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
You may see:
- Full Tuition Scholarships for International Students at Jacobs University
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Programme for Africans 2020
Application Procedures for the Senior Researcher African Scholar Program at the Nordic Africa Institute
Applicants should note that the application should contain:
- A proposal not exceeding 5 pages to include applicant’s presentation of his/her on-going research project(s)- objectives, questions, theory and method; Work plan for the length of stay at the institute-detailing proposed intellectual activities, expected outputs such as publication, dissemination activities, participation at seminar/workshop/conference activities, and policy engagement.
- A complete CV with a list of scientific publications where it is clearly indicated which publications are formally considered as peer reviewed.
- Indication of internet addresses to the applicant’s own publications relating to his/her research (a maximum of three publications).
- Proof of networking and collaboration.
- Names and contact details of at least two references.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 26th April, 2020