Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020: Students of developing nations are invited to apply for the fully funded Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020. The scholarship which is funded by the GOVERNMENT OF JAPAN and administered by the WORLD BANK was established by Keio University, a leading private university in Japan, as one of its partnership programs. Joint Japan /World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is a personnel training project which awards scholarships to help developing countries strengthen their human resources. Read through to see if you meet the eligibility and apply for opportunity to study in Japan on full scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Japan in collaboration with World Bank
Scholarships to be taken at: Keio University, Japan.
Scholarship Type: Full Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters Study Level
Slots: Several Scholarships available.
Scholarship Worth: Please see Scholarship benefits
Subject Eligibility: Master’s Degree Program in Taxation Policy and Management..
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarships for students of Developing Countries.
English Language Requirement: Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the English language at the level of a TOEFL score of 79 (iBT) or better, or an IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
Please read carefully the eligibility conditions for the Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020. You may also need to refer to the official webpage of scholarship provider to get full eligibility information.
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing. For the list of eligible World Bank countries, see eligible country list.
- Not hold dual citizen of any developed country.
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned at least three (3) years prior to the Scholarship Application Deadline.
- Not received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
- Be employed in a paid and full time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”.
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three（3）years of recent full time paid professional experience in the field of tax policy and administration at a public body (institution) after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full time or paid.
- Not be an Executive Director, his / her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group（the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes）, or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
- See further eligibility criteria information at admission information page and selection process by the World Bank, please refer to http://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships.
Document Requirements: Before you begin applying for the Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020, note down the documents you will be required to supply. Note that you have to make a copy of each of these documents for your records.
(1) Application CHECKLIST*
(2) Application form (5 pages)*
(3) Two letters of recommendation* [from two people who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional experience] (4) Letter of recommendation [from university professor]* (optional)
(5) Medical certificate*
(6) TOEFL or IELTS results [other certifications are NOT acceptable] (7) Transcript of records [Original or certified by the university] (8) Diploma / certificate of graduation [Original or certified by the university] (9) True copy of passport, birth certificate or any OFFICIAL document showing the date of birth of the applicant
(10) Proof of Employment
Documents (2)-(4) must be typed in
- How to Apply for the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020
- World Bank Group (WBG) 2020 Postgraduate Fellowship Program for Young Africans
- World Bank-Japan Postgraduate Scholarships Scheme 2019
Application Procedure for the Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Please for the following procedures to apply if you are interested in applying for the Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020.
- Applications are accepted upon completion of Online Registration and Submission of Application Documents.
- Online Registration must be completed by October 24, 2019.
- Application documents must be submitted by mail and must reach the Keio University by October 31, 2019. We do not accept applications via fax or email.
- Send the original copy of the application documents. Copies of the application will not be accepted.
- Please make a copy of all the application documents for your records. The World Bank may ask you to submit the copy in the selection process by the World Bank.
- Late applications and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Keio will not notify applicants of missing documents.
- Application documents may also be downloaded from the homepage of the Master’s Degree Program in Taxation Policy and Management.
- Applicants who have applied for a program offered by Keio and have passed the selection process by Keio will be asked to complete additional online application by the World Bank, which will make the final admission decision.
Scholarship Benefits: Successful applicants for the Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 will benefit the following;
- A Monthly stipend: JPY 152,000 *To cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books).
- Application Fee, Admission Fee, and Tuition
- Economy-class air travel between your home country and Japan at the start of your study program at Keio and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a USD500 travel allowance for each trip;
Visit: Official Webpage to Start Application.
Application Deadline: October 24, 2019.
Also SIGN UP NOW to follow up on this opportunity and get new updates in your inbox. Remember to login to your email and confirm signup.