Vacancy for Director of Emergency and Campus Safety: Are you in search of an opportunity for job employment? Apply for the vacancy for Director of Emergency and Campus Safety at Marymount Manhattan College, USA.
The Director of Emergency Management and Campus Safety (DEMCS) provides leadership and management for all aspects of campus safety, security, and emergency management for the College. The DEMCS serves as the primary safety advisor and collaborates with individuals and professional groups across the College as well as in the community and offers guidance to the President and the leadership team.
Job Title: Director of Emergency Management
Job Position: Director of Emergency Management
Institution/Agency: Marymount Manhattan College
Job Location: New York
Job Type: Full time
The DEMCS is responsible for ensuring the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and guests while managing and maintaining the overall posture of campus safety for the College, which includes: strategic oversight of the security team to maintain the safety of the College community; ownership and maintenance of all emergency preparedness, response, and continuity of operations initiatives for the College; and compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to Campus Safety.
You May Also Like: UN Volunteers Recruitment for Programme Officer in Egypt
Duties & Responsibilities
- As Chair of Emergency Preparedness and Response Team, oversees all emergency management initiatives within MMC; maintains all plans, protocols, and procedures, implementing mitigation measures, annual training and exercise calendar, and continuity of operations.
- Serves as Incident Commander during incident responses; coordinates response to all emergencies including but not limited to medical emergencies, pandemics, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures; provides 24/7 response for urgent or emergency matters, including reporting to campus or designated site when required.
- Conducts annual review/update of all emergency plans/protocols and updates hazard vulnerability assessment annually.
- Responsible for dissemination of emergency notifications/communications via firstname.lastname@example.org and Public Address System.
- Provides vision, leadership, and coordination of the department’s goals, policies, procedures, standards, programs, and events.
- Evaluates and assesses effectiveness of MMC Campus Safety posture, staffing, and procedures and provides reports and strategic recommendations to President. Develops, maintains, and revises procedures, staffing structure, and policies as needed.
- Supervises the Associate Director of Campus Safety, who manages the Campus Safety team; oversees the relationship with the outsourced Campus Safety vendor; manages hiring, work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Oversees the training of the Campus Safety team, providing the College with a competent security workforce and ensuring that relevant safety protocols are disseminated to the broader campus community.
- Manages, assesses, and makes strategic recommendations concerning all security-based systems/operations and tools including access control and ID management.
- Investigates complaints of disturbance, accidents, infractions and criminal activity occurring on campus, undertakes appropriate action, and ensures appropriate response.
- As the Clery compliance officer for the College, maintains and publishes campus safety and crime reports as required by local, state and federal law in addition to posting timely warning notices on any ongoing threats to the campus community; maintains all compliance and regulatory records required for Campus Safety.
- Develops implements, manages, or evaluates policies and methods to protect personnel against harassment, threats, or violence. When required, implements and manages campus access bans.
- Owns and maintains security procedures/plans (including staffing, monitoring, crowd control, and screening) for large-scale and/or special events.
- Creates individualized safety programs and protocols as needed to address unique or temporary hazards.
- Oversees the development and implementation of systems to maintain records on employees, equipment inventories, and compliance activities.
- Participates in committees as appropriate and required.
- Oversees departmental budget.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with members of the College community, MMC’s jurisdictional law enforcement department, and emergency services.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the security or emergency management field, with at least five years of supervisory experience.
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) credential from the International Association of Emergency Managers, or certification in other emergency management and preparedness programs, preferred.
- Experience in risk management and emergency planning and response, preferably in an academic setting.
- Knowledge of compliance and security regulations and reporting.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Knowledge of fire protection, life safety codes and state/federal safety regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Incident Investigations and Fire Safety Programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operations of electronic security systems.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and within a diverse work environment.
- Ability to exercise alertness and good judgment in emergency situations.
- Moderate physical activity and requires handling of average-weight objects.
- Ability to walk, stand or sit for prolonged periods.
Interested and eligible applicants are required to visit the official webpage for further information.
Application Deadline: October 7, 2020