University of West London Fully Funded Scholarships for Nigerian: Applications are being requested for PhD scholarship positions in health and ageing from Nigerians wishing to undertake a three (3) year full time study in the field of demographic ageing, healthy ageing, gerontology, and elderly care management in Nigeria. This scholarship award is sponsored by a collaborative research initiative between the University of West London, United Kingdom, and the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health in the HEPIQ-C project. The applicant will be required to enroll as a University of West London research student by January, 2020. This position is a full time study position where the student will be based in the United Kingdom for the full duration of the research study.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of West London and The Federal Ministry of Health, Nigeria
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: PhD fee waiver at the international rate, Tax-free stipend of £15,000 yearly.
Subject Eligibility: Health or Social Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for Nigerian students
English Language Requirement: English language proficiency proof is required
Application Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicants are to possess a good first degree (first or upper second class) in the field of health or social sciences.
- Applicants are to possess a Masters degree (MA, MSc, MBA or MRes) with merit or distinction.
- Applicants are to possess an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5
- Applicants are to possess a strong commitment to improving Nigerian health and well being both during and after the PhD.
Application Procedure for The University of West London Fully Funded Scholarships for Nigerian, 2019/2020
Applicants are to ensure that they submit the following under-listed documents to email@example.com using the heading ‘PhD Scholarship in Health and Ageing’.
- International student application form;
- Research proposal in the region of 1000-1500 words;
- Sample of publications;
- A personal statement which explains why you are interested in the scholarship
- Transcript of your highest qualification;
- Evidence of IELTS score.
Other Recommended scholarship(s):
Applicants are to note that the research proposal outline, or statement of research interests is key and will help in assessing the suitability of the applicant for higher degree work including:
- Viability of the topic as a research study
- The most appropriate supervisor(s) to be appointed
Students may begin their studies in January, May or September.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2019