University of Cambridge Visiting Research Fellowship, 2020: Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for the Visiting Research Fellowship programme at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. The fellowship is to enable the fellow to focus on a period of research and writing while at the Centre of African Studies, University of Cambridge.
The Visiting Fellowship is part of the recently founded Philomathia Africa Programme, with funding obtained from the Isaac Newton Trust. Applicant’s research interest should be centered on one of environment, energy, land or climate change. Applicants who possess expertise in the fields of social science, arts or humanities are also welcome and should have a doctorate submitted at the time of application.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Isaac Newton Trust and the Philomathia Africa Programme
Fellowship to be taken at: University of Cambridge
Fellowship level: Doctoral
Fellowship Worth: £12,000
Subject Eligibility: Fields of Environment, Energy, Land, Climate Change
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for African Scholars.
You may also like: Sidney Topol Fellowship for International Students, 2020
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for University of Cambridge Visiting Research Fellowship, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a teaching or research position at an African University and must be early or mid-career candidates with an accomplished or highly promising research profile.
- Applicants must be intending to come to Cambridge to work on a project building on existing research for which a period of residence in Cambridge is appropriate.
- Applicants should present a clear and feasible plan for preparing one or more pieces of work for publication.
- Applicants must have completed a doctoral programme from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- Bill Gates Full Scholarships Program at University of Cambridge 2020
- International Excellence Scholarship at Cranfield University, 2020
Application Procedure for the University of Cambridge Visiting Research Fellowship, 2020
Applicants are to submit application to the Centre of African Studies, University of Cambridge on or before the application deadline. Applicants are to submit the following supporting documents to accompany the application:
- Curriculum vitae to include details of applicant’s publications
- Project details
- Copy of PhD certificate
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport
- Two references to be sent by applicant’s referees to the Director, University of Cambridge, Centre of African Studies, Alison Richard Building, 7 West Road. Cambridge CB3 9DT, UK. Email: email@example.com
Completed applications should be sent either by email or hard copy to:
University of Cambridge
Centre of African Studies
Alison Richard Building
7 West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DT
Application Deadline: April 6th, 2020