PhD Scholarships in Engineering at University of Cambridge 2020: Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply for the PhD Studentship-Marie Sklodowska-Curie Early Stage Researchers in the Department of Engineering to work on the “TEAMAero” European Training Network (ETN) project. The aim of the project is to investigate supersonic flow separation by determining the effect of corner separations on global flowfield unsteadiness as well explore the potential of flow control to mitigate the adverse corner effects.
The PhD scholarship will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to study and research in a world class institution of higher learning using state-of-the-art facilities and financial support. University of Cambridge is a known over time to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Cambridge
Scholarship to be taken at: United Kingdom
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fees, €3870 monthly allowance and other allowances
Subject Eligibility: Engineering
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for International students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the PhD Scholarships in Engineering at University of Cambridge 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have obtained a Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering or Physics with 2:1 honours or its equivalent.
- Applicants must have substantial prior experience in experimental aerodynamics, a thorough knowledge of gasdynamics and expertise in high-speed flows.
- Applicants must have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Applicants must be willing to comply with EC’s mobility requirement for ITN ESRs and must not have resided in the UK for more than 12 months in the last three years.
- Applicants must at the time of award by the host institution be in the first four years of their research careers and not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Applicants must be willing to undertake transnational mobility when taking up the offer and when participating in secondments.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conducts of students at the University of Cambridge.
- University of Cambridge Visiting Research Fellowship, 2020
- 2020 Cambridge University MBA Scholarships for International Students
Application Procedures for the PhD Scholarships in Engineering at University of Cambridge 2020
Applicants are to apply online via the University of Cambridge Applicant Portal with Professor Babinsky identified as the potential supervisor. Applicants are to ensure that they provide correct information and attach relevant supporting documents.
Application Deadline: July 3rd, 2020