The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), with generous financial support from the Government of Germany, are calling on young people to apply for the 2nd edition of the United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament Training Programme
The training is an innovative learning programme aimed at empowering them to work for disarmament in their communities. The programme will bring together a geographically diverse group of young disarmament advocates and enable them to share their specific regional perspectives.
- Company/Organisation(s): UNODA
- Program Type: Training Programme
- Program Location: USA
- Available Slot: 15
- Basic Qualifications: Not specified
- Nationality: All Nationalities
United Nations Disarmament Training 2024 | DETAILS
Through this regional approach the training programme will bring together a geographically diverse group of young disarmament advocates and enable them to share their specific regional perspectives –from Africa and Europe; Asia and the Pacific; the Americas and the Caribbean regions – and connect them to the global disarmament discourse. In addition, three job opportunities with UNODA for young professionals are built into the training programme to support its implementation at regional levels. These positions will be made public in due course.
Interested applicants for the United Nations Disarmament Training are to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 24 years.
- Be interested in taking part in an innovative learning programme to improve their ability to advocate for peace, disarmament, non-proliferation, and arms control in their community.
- If successful, be available to participate in a face-to-face regional workshop, as well as travel to the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the United Nations Youth Champions for Disarmament Training are to complete an online application and provide all the required information and documents on or before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 27 November 2023