Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2024, a flagship continental Youth Leadership program that recruits trains an deploys young African professionals from all 55 AU Member States to serve as professional volunteers for a period of 12 months.
AUYVC promotes volunteering to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy, programs and initiatives.
Company/Organisation(s): African Union
Program Type: Graduate Programme
Program Location: Ethiopia
Program Duration: 12 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: First Degree
African Union Youth Volunteer Corps | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2024, applicants must meet the following:
- Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or in the Diaspora.
- Aged 18 – 35 years (must be under the age of 35 upon completing 12 months service).
- Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s etc.)
- Available in 2023/24 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for professional volunteer service.
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State.
- Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Swahili , Spanish).
- Has at least one-year verifiable volunteering experience and one-year professional work
- Unique opportunity to engage at highest continental policy and programs at the African Union.
- Network with Young African leaders from across the continent.
- Economy return ticket to place of deployment.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Health insurance cover.
- AU Service Passport.
- Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months service.
- Training and mentorship opportunities
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2024 are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline and submit the following documents:
Your updated professional CV (no longer than 3 pages)
ii. Bio page of your passport or national ID
iii. Certificate copy of your highest completed qualification (transcripts are not acceptable)
iv. Attach a letter of recommendation (not older than 2 years) attesting to your
leadership qualities (in the manifesto folder)
4. Attach your cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following questions:
i. Why do you want to become an African Union Youth Volunteer?
ii. What makes you the best candidate for AUYVC?
iii. What skills are you bringing to the AUYVC and your host organization?
5. Review and submit your application before: Tuesday September 19, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
Applicants are to note the following:
i. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered
ii. Only successful applicants will be contacted
iii. Providing incomplete or incorrect information is ground for immediate disqualification.
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Application Deadline: September 19, 2023
Visit the Official Websites for Details