MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Programme for Africans 2021/22: Ashesi University – Ghana invites applications from students across Africa for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2021/22 aimed at students of African origin to pursue a full-time study programme at the university on full scholarship. The scholarship is expected to cover financial support for fees, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, stipends and even after-school support into the workforce.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is an initiative to educate and prepare young people – especially from Africa – to lead change and make a positive social impact in their communities. The Scholars Program at Ashesi will provide young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education.
Scholarships to be taken at: Ashesi University, Ghana.
Scholarship Type: Full Funding.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Please see Scholarship benefits.
Subject Eligibility: All undergraduate programmes of the university.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African students.
Eligibility Criteria and Basic Requirements:
- African students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- All Undergraduate degree programme in any subject area offered by the university are eligible.
- The sponsorship will be awarded to young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education.
- Applicants must have sat for and passed the West African senior secondary certificate Examination (WASSCE). A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required and IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level gives (with grade A-D).
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in written and spoken the English language is required to study at Ashesi University – Ghana.
- Students will receive financial support for fees, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
- Scholars will receive support during their transition into Ashesi, and the workforce, with mentoring, career counselling, internships and other life skills coaching.
Application Procedures for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Programme for Africans 2021/22 – How-to-Apply:
To apply for the award, applicants have to enrol in the bachelor’s degree program at the university via online or offline and submit it to Admissions Office Ashesi University College PMB CT3, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana or [email protected].
As part of the application, you may be required to submit personal essays and high school transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021.