Quebec Merit Scholarship Award to Study in Canada, 2020: International students wishing to study in Canada can make use of the opportunity offered by the Quebec Merit Scholarship Award for International Students to enrol in the Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE). This scholarship is aimed at supporting the quest for research to be internationalise in universities in Quebec and College Centres. The Fonds de recherché du Quebec-Nature et technologies (FRQNT) is responsible for the program management. The program is designed to cover higher education by providing funds for administrators and researchers to take part. The program is structured in a way that students from all countries can participate fully. The scholarship for foreign or international students is to enhance cultural linkages as well as to allow the set-up of common scientific projects.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Fonds de recherché du Quebec-Nature et technologies (FRQNT)
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship including medical insurance
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Several
Subject Eligibility: Health, humanities, social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, engineering.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for students from all countries
You may also check this:University of Toronto International Scholarly Awards in Canada 2019
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Applicants are to note the following criteria before applying.
- Applicant must have been preselected by a Quebec University or Synchronex (CCTT).
- Applicant must not have been awarded a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from MEES, FRQNT or the Fonds de recherché du Quebec-Societe et culture (FRQSC).
- Applicant is not a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Applicant has not applied for permanent resident status under Canadian immigration law.
- Double doctoral degree program applicants are not eligible
Recommended Post(s):Fully Funded Commonwealth Scholarship for International Students, 2019/2020
Application Procedure for The Quebec Merit Scholarship Award to Study in Canada, 2020
- Once selected, the applicant must proceed to create an account in the FRQnet system and will be contacted by the FRQNT to complete an electronic form to which the required documents will be attached. Applicants are advised to consult the “Instructions for completing an application” document in the Toolbox.
- Applicants are to note that only the 2020-2021 competition electronic forms and other documents required will be welcomed. No documents other than those required will be sent to the evaluation committee.
- Note that that E-forms are available only in the secure zone of the FRQnet system of the FRQNT. Forms are to be completed and transmitted electronically.
- There shall be no update of any file after the closing date for applications. Applicants are to keep a printed copy of their forms for their records.
- Forms may be completed either in French or English. Candidates who apply in English must make available a French title for their project.
- The scholarship period must begin between May 1st, 2020 and January 15th, 2021.
Visit: Official Scholarship Link
Application Deadline: 1st October, 2019