President Scholarship for International Students at Lanzhou University: Prospective international students wishing to enrol in any degree programme at Lanzhou University in China stand the chance to receive a fully-funded president scholarship for tuition cover, accommodation, stipend, and other academic related expenses.
Lanzhou University, founded in 1909，is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education in China. It is also one of the key construction universities of the national “985 Project” and “211 Project”, and is one of the national “double first-class” construction universities. In order to attract academically excellent international students, Lanzhou University set President Scholarship in 2017 and now the 2020 scholarship enrolment plan is released.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Lanzhou University
Scholarships to be taken at: Lanzhou University, China.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Refer to Scholarship Benefits (below).
Subject Eligibility: Eligible course listed (below).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- International students from across the globe are eligible to apply (Non-Chinese citizens with valid passports and in good health)
- Scholarship open to students in key disciplines of the university to include: chemistry, physics, materials science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, medicine and toxicology, and agricultural science.
- Degree and Age Requirements: Applicants for Bachelor Degree studies must have a High school diploma and under the age of 25; Applicants for Master Degree studies must have a Bachelor’s Degree and under the age of 35; and applicants for Doctoral Degree studies must have a Master’s Degree and under the age of 40.
- Applicants shall have excellent academic performance and/or research potential.
- Applicants may not concurrently hold other programmes offered by the Chinese government or other institutions.
- HSK Certificate (Valid for 2 years), the requirements are as follows:
Applying for Bachelor’s:
- Literature, History, Philosophy: HSK4 210
- Chinese Language:HSK4 210 and HSKK Intermediate 60
- Other majors: HSK4 195
Applying for Master’s or PhD:
- Literature: HSK5 180 and HSKK Intermediate 50
- History, Philosophy: HSK5 180 Other majors: HSK4 210
Language Requirement: If you are applying for Chinese language teaching program, HSK score must meet the requirements of Article 5 of “Qualifications”. Students applying for English language teaching program shall meet IELTS 5.5/TOEFL 80 or provide other proof of English level (expect native English speakers).
The scholarship covers tuition fees, registration fees, accommodation fees, insurance fees, as well as stipend. (See official website, through the link provided below, for detailed information):
Application Procedures for the President Scholarship for International Students at Lanzhou University – How-to-Apply:
To be awarded this scholarship it is expected that you start by applying for admission in the Bachelor’s,Masters and PhD degree program of the university. Check to meet the entry requirements of the university.
Then, take these steps to apply for the scholarship;
- Register and upload scan copy of original documents through our online application service system: https://lzu.17gz.org/member/login.do.
- Print application form, prepare the materials according to the requirements and order of the ”Application Documents” list.
- Send all the required materials (1 set).
Documents: Candidates need to upload personal statement, Foreigners Physical Examination Form (photocopy), Notarized highest diploma (photocopy), Notarized transcripts, Two Recommendation letters, Evidence of language proficiency, and Valid passport (photocopy).
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2020