IPCC Scholarship Programme for Postgraduate Studies: Applications are invited from qualified and eligible candidates for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Scholarship Programme for Postgraduate Studies for the 2021/2022 academic session. The scholarship provides funding for PhD students from developing countries for research that advances the understanding of science.
The IPCC Scholarship Programme was established with the funds received from the Nobel Peace Prize award to the IPCC. Doctoral candidates who are interested in the area of research related to climate change are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): IPCC
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Scholarship Level: PhD and Post-doctoral
Area of Focus: Climate Change
Country/Region Eligibility: Developing countries
IPCC Scholarship Programme 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the IPCC Scholarship Programme:
- Interested applicants must be a citizen and resident of a developing country.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral programme with interest in climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the IPCC Scholarship Programme 2021 are to register via the application portal.
Applicants will need to complete and upload the following:
- An application form;
- National ID and passport;
- Research proposal;
- A provisional budget;
- Proof of completion of at least one year of PhD studies or proof of initial work as a post-doctoral researcher.
Application Deadline: 28 March 2021 at midnight CET