Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Program Scholarship: Government of Canada is offering a Postdoctoral Research Program to eligible and outstanding domestic and international students who recently graduated in a field of natural sciences to join the Postdoctoral Research Program.
The Postdoctoral Research Program (PRP) is an international and horizontal program that provides promising new scientists access to unique world-class facilities across Canada and the opportunity to work alongside multi-disciplinary teams of expert researchers and technicians on projects of critical importance to Canada.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Scholarships to be taken at: All Universities in Canada
Scholarships Type: Tuition Award
Scholarships level: PhD
Scholarships Worth: Between $58,563 and $113,877
Subject Eligibility: Natural Sciences
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Program 2021 | DETAILS
The Postdoctoral Research Program provides scientists, who have recently obtained a doctoral degree in a field of natural sciences, with the opportunity to work with research groups or leaders in Canadian government laboratories and research institutions located across Canada. In turn, the Government of Canada benefits from new and emerging talent. Federal research scientists contribute to strategic decisions, policies, regulations and programs by providing a sound scientific knowledge base through their research. Research scientists perform their work in pursuance of departmental mandates in order to attain specified outcomes and to conceptualize, identify, formulate and set in motion new outcomes in delivering programs, meeting the future needs of the department.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Program Scholarship.
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Students admitted into PhD degree program.
- Candidates must have obtained a doctoral degree (PhD) within the last three (3) years from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialization related to the duties of the position.
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution, however, you must have completed your degree in order to be appointed to a position.
- Reliability or Secret security clearance.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Medical examination for isolated posts.
- Valid certification and successful completion of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course ‒ “Restricted” and “Non-restricted” firearms.
- Work over long periods in the field conducting research, often under harsh environmental conditions.
- Willingness and ability to work in the laboratory and in the field under less than ideal conditions (i.e. inclement weather).
- Willingness and ability to be away from home for one or two weeks at a time on work-related travel.
- Willingness and ability to travel (within and/or outside Canada)
- Willingness and ability to work overtime on short notice or without notice
- Reliability or Secret security clearance
- Work overtime as required.
- Adherence to laboratory safety standards
- Medical clearance (depending on the requirement of the position)
Partnering Federal Government Organizations
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO)
- Health Canada (HC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking for Postdoctoral Research Program Scholarship are requested to submit an online application form for the programme.
Document Requirement: You will be asked to provide contact details, education information (undergraduate, master’s and doctorate degrees) as well as to answer screening questions regarding your previous professional experience.
You will be required to upload the following mandatory document:
- Your resumé/CV
Additional optional documents that can be uploaded include:
- Cover letter;
- Academic diplomas;
- Official language results;
- Foreign education credentials assessments;
It is strongly advised that you have your documents ready and accessible before you start completing the application to avoid any potential interruptions or problems.
Application Deadline: Ongoing