China Scholarship Council / University of Warwick Scholarships for International Students: The University of Warwick is pleased to offer up to 25 joint funded PhD scholarships in collaboration with China Scholarships Council (CSC). The award will cover the full payment of overseas tuition fees for the duration of the CSC funding period.
China Scholarships Council will provide a maintenance stipend and return international airfare between the UK and China for successful applicants.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): China Scholarship Council / University of Warwick, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Warwick, UK
Scholarships Type: Tuition Award
Scholarships level: PhD
Scholarships Worth: Full tuition fee, Maintenance stipend
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
Number of Award: 25
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Equally Check: Sweden: University of Gothenburg Axel Adler Scholarship 2021
China Scholarship Council / University of Warwick Scholarships | Details
The scholarships will fund students for up to 4 years with the University covering the full cost of tuition fees and CSC providing a maintenance stipend and return international airfare between the UK and China.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the China Scholarship Council / University of Warwick Scholarships.
- Applicants must be international students
- Students admitted into PhD degree program.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria set out by the CSC (https://www.csc.edu.cn/).
- Applicants must hold a Peoples Republic of China Passport (applicants from Hong Kong or Taiwan are not eligible) and either be permanently resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Where students have prior experience of studying overseas (including the UK) it is important to check eligibility rules on the China Scholarship Council website, this includes Current 1st year PhD students and those in year ‘1’ of a 1+3.
- Applicants must hold an unconditional offer for a full time PhD at the University of Warwick commencing in October 2021.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the China Scholarship Council / University of Warwick’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
- The University of Warwick will assess the applications received and produce a list of students to be recommended for a CSC scholarship.
- All applicants will be notified via email by 13 March 2021 whether they have been shortlisted for funding. Successful candidates will then be issued with a conditional offer of funding.
- Successful candidates will then need to apply directly to CSC where their application will be reviewed. Applicants should check the CSC website for details and meet their application deadline of 30 April 2021. CSC will inform applicants of the final outcome of their funding application in June 2020. Final decisions are made by CSC.
- Only students who were recommended for a CSC scholarship by the University AND who received an offer of funding from CSC will be awarded a scholarship.
- CSC nominees will not be offered more than one Warwick Scholarship, if nominees are successful in an alternative Warwick scholarship competition prior to the CSC nomination deadline they will be asked to choose whether they wish to proceed with a CSC nomination or the alternative.
The benefits of the China Scholarship Council / University of Warwick Scholarships include.
- Tuition fee waiver
- Full cost of tuition fees
- Providing a maintenance stipend
- Return international airfare between the UK and China.
You May Also Like: Full fee University of Warwick Global Excellence Scholarship 2021
How-to-Apply: In order to be considered for this funding, applicant must have completed ALL of the following steps:
- Apply for admission AND obtain an unconditional offer to the University of Warwick by 21 January 2021.
- Submit a scholarship application and all supporting documents by 21 January 2021.
- Submit an application to China Scholarship Councilby their deadline of 30 April 2021. (This opens in April 2021).
Application Deadline: January 21, 2021