Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2021 for PhD Students at the University of Ghana: Applications are invited from qualified and eligible PhD students of Humanities to apply for the Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2021 at the University of Ghana. The scholarship is to support the training of PhD students in the Humanities from West Africa at the University of Ghana.
The scholarship is supported by the Gerda Henkel Foundation of Germany under a project titled Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities in West Africa. The scholarship is fully funded for the 2021/2022 academic session at the University of Ghana. Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Gerda Henkel Foundation
Scholarship to be taken in: Ghana
Scholarship Level: PhD
Scholarship Slot: Not specified
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Subject Eligibility: See Eligible Courses
Country Eligibility: See eligible countries
You may also like: ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships 2021 for study at icipe, Kenya (Fully-Funded)
Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2021 for PhD Students | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program for Non-U.S. Citizens 2021, applicants must:
- Have successfully completed a Masters degree in any of the eligible disciplines.
- Have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- Have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction (English).
- Be a national or permanent resident of one of the eligible countries.
History, Archaeology, Historical Islamic Studies, Art History, Philosophy, History of Law, History of Science, Prehistory and Early History, Classics, and other disciplines with historical component.
Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and Senegal
- Tuition fees
- Airfare for international students
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the Gerda Henkel Foundation Scholarship 2021 for PhD Students are to complete the application forms with copies of required documents and send to:
The Principal Investigator
Dept. of Geography and Resource Development
P.O. Box LG 59
University of Ghana
Phone: (+233) (0) 302983713
Successful candidates will be shortlisted and they will be required to apply to the University of Ghana for admission when admission portal open. Please check the University of Ghana website for more information at www.ug.edu.gh
- Graduate and undergraduate certificates
- Graduate and Undergraduate transcripts
- One-page motivation statement (Heading: Motivational Statement & your Name)
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages (of 1.5-line spacing). It must include a project title, background, including statement of problem, objectives, scope and methodology for applicant’s research and references.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Copy of applicant’s passport or national ID card.
Note: Applicants should save their documents as follows:
Last name_document name_programme applied for
Application Deadline: 29 January 2021