Fully funded PhD Scholarship in Financial Econometrics: Macquarie University – Australia offers fully funded PhD Scholarship in Financial Econometrics to eligible and outstanding domestic and international students who wish to enroll in a PhD research program at the institution for 2020/2021 academic session.
This project intends to contribute to our understanding of financial market risks using intraday high-frequency financial data and advanced financial econometric tools, thereby enable better risk management and improve our ability to maintain the stability of the financial system. The Ph.D. student will be supervised by Professor Shuping Shi from the Department of Economics at Macquarie Business School.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Macquarie University, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: Macquarie University, Australia
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: AUD $28,092 and Living Allowance/Stipend
Subject Eligibility: Department of Economics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the fully funded PhD Scholarship in Financial Econometrics at Macquarie University;
- Domestic and International students;
- Students admitted to the Bachelor of Economics (Honours) program;
- Applicants must have completed an MSc program in the relevance field.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time PhD program at Macquarie University, Australia.
- Should have a background in econometrics and a strong interest in the financial market.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Macquarie University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for the Fully funded PhD Scholarship in Financial Econometrics at Macquarie University
How- To- Apply
As part of the application process for the opportunity, eligible candidates must take admission in the PhD degree program at Macquarie University. After being registered, candidates will be considered for this education award.
Scholarship Benefits: The funding program is comprised of the Tuition Fee Offset and a Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (MQRES) Living Allowance/Stipend. The stipend component of the grant is currently valued at AUD $28,092 per annum (2020 rate, tax-exempt).
Application Deadline: December 20, 2020