University of Southampton Emerging Reconfigurable Electronics: University of Southampton – UK is offering PhD Studentship in Emerging Reconfigurable Electronics to international students. The Centre for Electronics Frontiers at the University of Southampton is a dynamic interdisciplinary Centre that delivers novel solutions for advanced sensory systems, energy technologies and unconventional computing architectures.
The aim of this PhD studentship is to investigate emerging memory (memristive) technologies for enabling novel reconfigurable and/or evolvable architectures. Applications are welcome from candidates with a background in electronics, computer science and maths. Prior experience with electronic system design and a good understanding of computing architectures are highly desired.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Southampton, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Southampton, UK
Scholarship Type: Tuition fee
Scholarship level: PhD
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee & living expenses of £18,000 tax-free per annum
Subject Eligibility: Background in electronics, computer science and maths
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the University of Southampton Emerging Reconfigurable Electronics;
- Candidates must be domestic or international students;
- Students admitted into a PhD degree program;
- The award is available for PhD Reconfigurable Electronics courses offer at the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a MSc certificate in electronics, computer science and maths or equivalent.
- MEng/MSc (or equivalent, or near completion) with first class honours or distinction in Engineering, Physics, or a closely related subject.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Southampton, UK
- EU/Overseas applicants should achieve an IELTS score of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each competency.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Southampton’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for the University of Southampton Emerging Reconfigurable Electronics 2020
How- To- Apply
Applications should be made online by selecting “PhD Nanoelectronics (Full time)” as the programme. Please enter Centre for Electronics Frontiers under the Topic or Field of Research.
Applications should include the following:
Two reference letters
Degree Transcripts to date
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020