Fully funded University of Sheffield Computer Science Scholarship: University Of Sheffield – UK is offering fully funded Computer Science Scholarship to domestic and international PhD students who demonstrate excellent academic achievement and wish to enroll in a degree program at the institution for 2020/2021 academic session.
In this PhD studentship, different methods of regularising machine learning frameworks for sparse solutions to underdetermined curve and surface problems will be considered. Traditional machine learning methods, Deep Learning and other methods, will be investigated theoretically and computationally.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University Of Sheffield, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University Of Sheffield, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully funded tuition fee
Scholarship level: PhD
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee & living expenses of £15,285 tax-free
Subject Eligibility: Computer Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the fully funded Department of Computer Science Scholarship at University Of Sheffield, UK;
- Candidates must be domestic or international students;
- Students admitted into a PhD degree program;
- The award is available for PhD Computer Science, data science courses offer at the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have MSc certificate in computer science, data science or equivalent.
- MEng/MSc (or equivalent, or near completion) with second class honours or distinction in Computer Science, Data Science or closely related subject.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Sheffield, UK.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Sheffield’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for the fully funded Department of Computer Science Scholarship at University of Sheffield
Applicants should email a CV, and include a transcript of their marks obtained thus far, to Dr Joab Winkler (firstname.lastname@example.org). The names of two academic referees must be included. The applicants who have been short listed will be interviewed by Dr Hwee Kuan of the Bioinformatics Institute using Skype.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2020