DAAD/CERAAS In-Country/In-Region Masters and PhD Scholarships: The German academic exchange service – DAAD is calling for DAAD-CERAAS Scholarship Applications 2021 fully funded by the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development for In-region/in-country Masters and PhD studies in development-related programmes.
The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development
Scholarships to be taken at: Centre d’Études Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS).
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Slots: 5 Masters and 3 PhD scholarships to be awarded.
Scholarship Worth: See scholarship benefits.
Subject Eligibility: Development-related programmes.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Sub-Saharan African Students.
You May Like: LUANAR/DAAD In-Region Scholarship for Africans
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
To qualify for the DAAD-CERAAS Scholarship Applications 2021, Applicants must have;
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector, d) Alumni of the DAFI programme
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development. The scholarships at Centre d’Études Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) are available in the following fields:
- Master Plant and Microbial Technology
- Master Agroforestry, Ecology and Adaptation
- Master Phytopharmacy and Plant Protection
- PhD Ecole Doctorale – Sciences de la Vie, de la Santé et de l’Environnement (ED-SEV)
The scholarship is a fully funded programme which covers tuition fees, living stipend, research allowance, accommodation allowance, travel allowance, printing allowance and health insurance (see official website for funding values).
Application Procedures for the DAAD/CERAAS In-Country/In-Region Masters and PhD Scholarships 2020/2021 – How-to-Apply:
The application process for the DAAD-CERAAS Scholarship Applications 2021 contains two steps. Please be aware of the two application deadlines.
Applicants must apply for their studies at Centre d’Études Régional pour L’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. Deadline set by the centre.
Centre d’Études Régional pour L’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD-Portal. Only the pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD-CERAAS Scholarship Applications 2021. DAAD Deadline: June 2, 2020
You will be required to submit the following documents in English:
- DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Recommendation letter by university teachers (Master 1, PhD 2)
- Letter of admission for the host university
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
- if applicable, information on the UNHCR registration as refugee
PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and time table (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
Application Deadline: CERAAS – Not known, DAAD Deadline – June 2, 2020