DAAD Climate Research for Researchers in Africa 2020: Applications are requested for the DAAD climapAfrica Climate Research for Alumni and Postdocs in Africa for the 2020/21 session. Fellows and alumni will collaborate in joint working groups that encompass several postdoctoral projects in a field related to climate change research.
Successful applicants will increase their research impact and output through a comprehensive training and support program, including general skills training, science policy advising and science management.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Fellowship to be taken at: Africa
Fellowship level: Postdoctoral
Fellowship Slots: Several
Fellowship Worth: See fellowship Benefits
Subject Eligibility: See Course eligibility
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for African nationals.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the DAAD Climate Research for Researchers in Africa 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of an African country who have completed and obtained a doctoral degree in courses related to climate change.
- Applicants must be willing to contribute to the initiation and the coordination of alumni working groups.
- Applicants must be willing to realize their project at a host institution in western or southern Africa.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic, leadership and research abilities.
- A flat rate travel allowance to your target country and back.
- A research lump sum of max. EUR 10,000
- A monthly allowance of EUR 800
- An accident, personal liability and health insurance.
- Short-term research stays in Germany of 2to 6 months (subject to availability of funds).
- Mobility fellowships for the active participation (poster or talk) in relevant international conferences in the field of climate change/climate Research.
Agriculture, (Adapted) Land Use, Climate Science, Law, Economic and Social Science, Mathematics/Natural Science, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Biodiversity, Food Security, Marine Science, Human Security, Education, Energy, Informatics, Water Security and Water Resources, Woodland and Forest Sustainability.
- DAAD In-Region Molecular Biology and Genetics Scholarship at Stellenbosch University
- DAAD/CERAAS In-Country/In-Region Masters and PhD Scholarships 2020/2021
Application Procedures for the DAAD Climate Research for Researchers in Africa 2020
Applicants are to apply online at the DAAD portal by completing the DAAD application form and curriculum vitae (please use the Europass specimen form at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu ).
- Applicants are to supply list of national and international publications.
- Letter of invitation from the host institution in western/ southern Africa (including current date and stamp of the institution.
- A research proposal which should be detailed and independently prepared upon which both the applicant and his/her host institutions have agreed on.
- Time schedule for the realization of the planned work.
- An outline of three activities for your working group and specify how you would implement them with your working group.
- Two challenges that you might be facing and how to overcome them when coordinating and motivating experts from all over Africa to perform joint activities.
- A PhD certificate, Master’s certificate and copy of passport.
- Two recommendation letters by academic referees via post:
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
ST32, Marine Michels,
Or via fax: (+49 228 882 98143)
Application Deadline: 14th September, 2020