Applications are hereby invited from suitably and highly talented candidates for DA Young Leaders Programme for Young South Africans. This is One Nation with One Future built on Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity and Diversity for All.
Over the course of one year, participants of the programme will be given the chance to broaden their political knowledge, critical thinking and communication skills. Participants of the programme are highly motivated individuals, interested in pursuing a career in politics or the public service, with the aim of creating One Nation with One Future.
Company/Organisation(s): DA Young Leaders, South Africa
Program Location: South Africa
Program Duration: One year
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: There are no specific qualifications
Nationality: South African
DA Young Leaders Programme | What to Expect
The DA’s Young Leaders Programme (YLP) is a political leadership learning and development programme for South Africans between the ages of 18 and 35 who align themselves with the DA’s values of Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity and Diversity.
In the DA’s South Africa, all individuals will have the opportunity to live a life that they value. This South Africa is dynamic and innovative, with a growing, inclusive economy and capable government which defends the Constitution and ensures equal opportunity for all – regardless of where they are born, how they look, or any other arbitrary characteristic.
To be eligible for DA Young Leaders Programme for Young South Africans, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- The YLP is open to all young South African citizens between the ages of 18 and 35, with a track-record of leadership excellence.
- These applicants must share the DA’s vision and must have proven themselves to be passionate leaders set on making a difference in South Africa.
- Participants must either be living in South Africa, or if they are temporarily abroad, be returning to South Africa in time for the start of the programme. The Young Leaders Programme does not cover international traveling costs.
- A personal ideological alignment to the DA’s vision of One Nation with One Future, rooted in our values of Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity and Diversity;
- A high level of interest in, and knowledge about, South African politics and current affairs;
- An excellent understanding of the DA’s principles and policies;
- A demonstrable leadership track record;
- Examples and evidence of having taken initiative, stepping outside normal roles to start something new;
- The ability to argue and reason well;
- Passion, drive and confidence;
- An authentic motivation to be actively involved in politics in future;
- A high level of self-awareness, maturity and emotional intelligence;
- Involvement in the DA
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates seeking for DA Young Leaders Programme should fill and submit the application form online for this opportunity.
In order to apply for the Young Leaders Programme, the following needs to be submitted:
- This online application form completed in full, including, the 2 short essay questions;
- A video recording of maximum 60 seconds, to be uploaded via this application form (see instructions below);
- One reference letter to be uploaded via this application form (see important guidelines). Please have the above video and letter ready to attach, ahead of starting your application form, as you cannot save your application.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022