Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at Edinburgh: Applications are invited from suitably qualified graduates or soon to be graduate for the 2023/24 for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate online scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award
- Host Institution(s): The University of Edinburgh
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: Africans
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at Edinburgh| ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be considered for the Mastercard Scholarships at Edinburgh applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants will have faced significant barriers to education (social, financial, personal, practical or health related).
- Applicants must have graduated from an undergraduate study by September 2023 and must have a degree certificate and official final transcript to upload alongside their application by 7 December.
- Applicants must be residents and citizens or hold refugee status in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must have faced barriers to education and early career
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience, or at least ambition, in making a meaningful impact in addressing the climate crisis
- Applicants must be 35 or under as of 1 September 2024
- Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- For Online Masters programme: Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- For Online Postgraduate Diploma: Applicants can either have an undergraduate or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university (provided they will graduate from either degree by 7th December 2023). If you have a Master’s degree, the admissions team will review your first degree (undergraduate) to meet the postgraduate diploma entry requirement.
- MSc International Development; MSc Global Challenges; MSc Global Food Security and Nutrition; Carbon Management; Circular Economy; Sustainable Lands and Cities; MSc Social Justice and Community Action; MSc Data Science, Technology and Innovation; MSc Digital Education; MSc One Health
- Full tuition fees
- Study stipend
- Regular online workshops
- Online coaching and support.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh are to complete an online application by the application deadline.
You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. It is required that applicants apply for this scholarship before applying to the University. The Scholarship Program will not accept applications submitted outside the online application system.
Application Deadline: December 7th 2023