Commonwealth Young Professional Programme for Young Graduates is now open for applications from excellent and talented candidates who wish to develop their skills and career through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge, and fresh perspectives.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 independent and equal sovereign states. Its unique strength lies in the combination of its diversity and shared inheritance. The Commonwealth Secretariat in London is the principal intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth and its backbone, promoting democracy, rule of law, human rights, good governance, and social and economic development.
Company/Organisation(s): Commonwealth Secretariat in London
Program Location: Across Commonwealth member countries
Program Duration: 2 years fixed-term contracts
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor degree
Nationality: Commonwealth Countries
Commonwealth Young Professional Programme | What to Expect
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to support youth empowerment through the Young Professionals Programme (YPP), currently have various opportunities available across the Secretariat, including within health, youth, climate change, and international trade, among others:
- Assistant Programme Officer (Asia Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Caribbean Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Pacific Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Stakeholder Engagement)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Software Development)
- Assistant Research Officer (Climate Change)
- Assistant Research Officer (Office of the Secretary-General)
- Assistant Health Officer
- Assistant Research Officer (International Trade Policy)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Governance and Peace Directorate)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Sport for Development and Peace)
- Assistant Economic Analyst
Further information on each position can be found by clicking on the relevant link
To be eligible for Commonwealth Young Professional Programme, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country
- Applicants must be aged 27 years or younger at the time applications close.
- You will need to have a bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area, and have at least one year of demonstrated work experience in the design and delivery of subject relevant development or democracy programmes/projects
- All appointments are subject to satisfactory references
- You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application on the day of your interview.
- Salary on appointment is £29,070 per annum. This is subject to the deduction of internal income tax (currently aligned with UK income tax rates) and UK National Insurance contributions (from which overseas-recruited Diplomatic staff members are exempt).
How-to-Apply: If you wish to be considered for this post, please ensure that you submit your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter setting out your experience and skills in relation to the person specification, competencies and other requirements for the post. Applications should be made via our online application system at http://thecommonwealth.org/jobs.
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter. Covering letters should be structured to address the key criteria required in the person specification, giving clear examples.
Application Deadline: August 08, 2022