United Nations Development Programme UNDP Job Application for Programme Assistant is open for applications from highly motivated candidates to works with and provides support to the members of the SAMCO Team in the development and implementation of effective operations and programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in SAMCO, the Regional Office and UN Women HQs as required for reporting and finance-related issues and exchange of information
Company/Organisation(s): UNDP, South Africa
Job Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Job Duration: One year with possibility of renewal
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Nationality: All Nationalities
UNDP Programme Assistant Positions | What to Expect
The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in SAMCO, the Regional Office and UN Women HQs with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Deputy Representative office focusing on achievement
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
To be eligible for UNDP Programme Assistant positions, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
Education and Certification:
- Completion of secondary education required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, operations management or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for UNDP Programme Assistant positions, are requested to apply online for these opportunities.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf.
Application Deadline: August 08, 2022