Call for Application: African Women’s Development Fund Grants 2020: Applications are being sought from reputable African Women’s rights organizations and groups to support mental health and emotional wellbeing for women living with HIV and AIDS. Organizations who encourage innovative projects that will involve women living with HIV and AIDS in their leadership, design and implementation are especially encouraged to apply for the 2020 grants cycle.
AWDF initiated the World AIDS Day (WAD) grants programme to support women’s rights organizations to actively participate in the global campaign and keep African women’s priorities around HIV and AIDS on the African and global agenda. The WAD programme provides a maximum grant of $2,000 to women’s rights organizations. The activities must promote women’s rights and involve women in planning and leadership of activities.
Grant Sponsor(s): African Women’s Development Fund
Grant to be taken at: Africa
Grant level: Professionals
Grant Worth: $2,000
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The grant is for African Women’s rights organisations.
You may also like: 2020 MERCK Research Grants for Innovative Research
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: African Women’s Development Fund Grants 2020, organizations are to meet the following criteria:
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least 3 years, be duly registered at least with its local government structure.
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on women’s Rights having the needed organizational structures for effective implementation of the project.
- Organization must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received.
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project.
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, grantee or partner of AWDF, a well known women’s rights organization or the local government office.
- Must complete the necessary application forms.
- 2021 Cartier Women Initiative Grants for Entrepreneurs
- Call for Grant Application: UNWTO Inspiration Branding Challenge
Application Procedures for the Call for Application: African Women’s Development Fund Grants 2020
Interested small sized women’s rights organizations should send their proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. The applicant must also complete and include a financial management assessment form and an outcome form.
Application Deadline: 13th July, 2020