2021 Cartier Women Initiative Grants for Entrepreneurs: Young women entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply for the 2021 Cartier Women’s Initiative Regional Awards. The grant award focuses on several key areas of human capital support for women impact entrepreneurs, including developing a strategic financial mind-set, speaking to inspire and scale up social impact.
The grant will make available US$100,000 grant for each of seven top business from each region and a US$ 30,000 grant for each of the 14 finalists (2nd and 3rd runner-up businesses from each region. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the grant initiative and be empowered to scale up their businesses.
Grant Sponsor(s): Cartier Women’s Initiative
Grant to be taken at: Across the world
Grant level: Women Entrepreneurs
Grant Worth: Up to US$ 100,000, International exposure and media visibility, Ongoing support for the development of the fellow’s businesses
Grant Eligibility: Entrepreneurship
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The grant is for women applicants all over the world.
You may also like: Independent States Commonwealth Regional Grants in Canada, 2020
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for 2021 Cartier Women Initiative Grants for Entrepreneurs, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- For-profit: the business should be designed to bring sufficient revenues to support its operation and return some level of profits to its owner. Non-profit enterprises are not eligible.
- Early-Stage: the business should have a proven business model and be in the initial phase of its development and growth (between 1 and 5 years of licensed/registered operations).
- Fundraising: The business should not have raised more than US$2 million in diluting funding. The awards cap the funds raised in order to ensure that the businesses selected fall within a similar range of development.
- Impact: The business should meet at least one of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Leadership: A woman must fill the main leadership position, for example as CEO, General Manager or Director of the company.
- Ownership: The founder must be a woman and she must be the largest shareholder of founder equity in the company or own a share at least equal to that of her cofounder(s).
- Legal entry age: The lead entrant must be 18 on the day of the application deadline.
- English Proficiency: A good command of the English language is required (both verbal and written).
- Time commitment: The applicant must commit to dedicating up to 4 hours/week virtually for the duration of the programme.
- 2020 Wales Africa Grants Scheme COVID-19 Response
- Call for Application: Innovating Justice Change Grants for Entrepreneurs 2020
Application Procedures for the 2021 Cartier Women Initiative Grants for Entrepreneurs
Applicants are to complete the online application form and provide the supporting documentation listed below.
- Applicant’s resume
- Business registration document.
- Applicant’s pitch deck
- A one-minute video of yourself answering the questions: what is your motivation behind solving the problem that you have identified?; What is the impact you wish to create through your solution?; What do you wish to gain/contribute to the Cartier Women’s Initiative community?
- Applicants may attach image of product, brochure, press, article, research, etc.
All the documents are to be submitted online in the ‘Attachments’ section and cannot be sent separately by email.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020