British Ecological Society Grants for African Researchers 2020: The British Ecological Society hereby announces the provision of grants to researchers in Africa who are interested in conducting innovative ecological research to apply for the British Ecological Society grants 2020.
The grant seeks to support excellent ecological science in Africa by funding services and equipment. It will also support the researchers in acquiring skills, experience and knowledge base as well as making connections with ecologists in the developed world. The second round of funding for 2020 is now open.
Grant Sponsor(s): British Ecological Society
Grant to be taken at: Africa
Grant level: Professionals
Grant Slots: Not specified
Grant Worth: £8,000 research grant, £2,000 travel grants, free BES membership for two years
Subject Eligibility: Ecological studies
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The grant is for candidates conducting research in Africa.
You may also like: Graduate Research International Grant at the University of Melbourne 2020
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the British Ecological Society Grants for African Researchers 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands, that is a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank categorization.
- Applicants must possess at least an MSc or its equivalent certificate.
- Be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centres, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities.
- Applicants must carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands.
- Applicants must be ready as part of the conditions to be awarded the grant to submit a report within three months of the end date of their award. Reports will be submitted via online grants system.
- Applicants will be required to submit proposals that are novel, feasible and also include academic and non-academic impact of the planned research.
- Call for Application: African Women’s Development Fund Grants 2020
- Tetfund National Research Fund (NRF) 2020 Grants
Application Procedures for the British Ecological Society Grants for African Researchers 2020
Applicants are to register online for the grant application on the online grants system, complete their contact details and navigate to ‘Your Applications’. Applicants are to ensure that they provide all the required information and documents as incomplete applications will not be processed.
Application Deadline: 17:00 (BST) September 7th, 2020