Call for Application- Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) 2021: Application is now open for interested and eligible candidates for the Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) 2021 to be hosted at the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
The ASLP is an initiative of the University of Pretoria in partnership with the Global Young Academy, funded by the Robert Bosch Stiftung. It serves early- to mid-career researchers in basic and applied science, engineering, social sciences, arts and the humanities.
Program Title: Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) 2021
Program Location: University of Pretoria. South Africa.
Program Type: Professional Research Fellowship.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African Researchers/Academics.
Also Check: University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Africans [Fully-Funded]
Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) 2021 | DETAILS
The programme aims to grow mid-career African academics in the areas of thought leadership, team development, engagement and collaboration, with the intention of enabling them to solve the complex issues that face both Africa and the global community.
The leadership program
- Identifies early- to mid-career academics who have demonstrated leadership potential and an interest in developing key leadership skills
- Supports them to apply the acquired skills to projects that are relevant to the academic development on the continent and its impact on society
- Creates a network of academic leaders on the continent, spanning not only across countries, but also across disciplinary boundaries
- Advances a curriculum for academic leadership development, which can be utilised in institutions in Africa and beyond.
What the Training Covers
- Core elements of collective leadership
- Creative and systems thinking
- Development of effective networks
- Stakeholder engagement for change
- Maximising the efficiency and impact of collaborative efforts
- Advanced dialogue and communication skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- A PhD degree or equivalent qualification;
- A faculty or a continuing research position at a research institution;
- Active in research and teaching at an African institution of higher education or research;
- A sustained record of outstanding scientific outputs;
- Interest in translating and communicating the results of their work for impact in society;
- Demonstrated leadership ability in research and beyond;
- Interest in the role of research in addressing complex issues affecting society;
- Interest in collaborations across disciplines and sectors (e.g. industry, government, etc.);
- Commitment to participate in all the activities of the fellowship; and
- Intent to share what is learned in the programme with their broader networks.
Recommended: Koftech Scholarships Award for Africans to Study in South Africa
- How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) 2021 can proceed to submit their application online or click on the ‘Start Application’ button at the official program information page to submit their applications.
- All applicants have to provide two support letters by academic referees (details are provided in the application form).
Application Deadline: 31 May 2021
Oh My, i got the application deadline, But wrongly, i was intending to do submission today BUT closed.
Any extension or help for late application.
Hello I want to apply for the scholarship so how am I going to do it?
Please use the application procedures stated above
[…] Call for Application: Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) 2020 at University of Pretoria, SA […]