University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program, 2020: The University of Pretoria (UP) in collaboration to with the Mastercard Foundation is pleased to announce the commencement of scholarship application for high achieving African Students who are willing to enrol for a postgraduate degree program. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) aims at transforming the continent of Africa by supporting academically talented students who are economically disadvantaged but with great potential to impact Africa positively through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values as seen by their leadership.
The MCFSP offers full scholarships to students who have been admitted to study a postgraduate course at the University of Pretoria. Interested students are therefore encouraged to apply for the MCFSP supported program at University of Pretoria for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Pretoria, South Africa
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Subject Eligibility: See Eligible courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for African students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have been offered admission to study a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Pretoria and students number will be required to complete the MCFSP application to be accompanied by academic records and other supporting documents required.
- All information provided must be true and correct as any falsification of information on the application form may result in disqualification from the scholarship.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country and contribute to the development of same after completion of studies.
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend.
- Textbooks and printed materials
- Medical aid cover for the study duration
- Cost of Visa
- Reasonable travel allowance including flight to and from applicant’s home country.
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Academic advising and counselling support.
- KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021 for Africans
- International Excellence Award At University of Salford Manchester 2020
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for Political Studies or International Studies only
- Faculty of Engineering- continuing students can apply
Application Procedures for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program, 2020
Step 1: Applicants are to visit www.up.ac.za/apply to apply. Applicants will need internet access and an email address to apply as student number (EMPLID) will be sent to the email as confirmation of receipt. Or applicants can alternatively send hard copies of application form to:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
Applicants can download the application forms for the MCFSP from www.up.ac.za/mcfsp
Application Deadline: Application for MCFSP opens on 1st May, 2020 and closes on 18th September, 2020