Call for Application: 2020 African Union Youth Volunteer Corps: Applications are invited from Africans for the 2020 African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC). The Corps is a flagship continental Youth Leadership program that recruits and deploys young African professionals from all 55 AU Member States to serve as professional volunteers for a period 12 months.
AU-YVC promotes volunteerism to deepen the status of young people in Africa as major stakeholders in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in programs, policy and initiatives towards the realization of AU Agenda. This year marks 10 years Anniversary of the AUYVC Program.
Program Sponsor(s): African Union
Program to be taken at: Africa
Program level: Not specified
Program Slots: Several
Program Worth: See Program Benefits
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The program is for African Nationals.
You may also like: 2020 TWAS Visiting Expert Programme for Developing Countries
Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: 2020 African Union Youth Volunteer Corps, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
- Aged between 18 – 35 years;
- Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s etc.)
- Available in 2020/21 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for professional volunteer service;
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
- Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
- Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Application Procedures for the Call for Application: 2020 African Union Youth Volunteer Corps
To submit your application:
- Create an account on the http://aucareers.org/ portal (instructions and video tutorial
- Fill out your personal information and the application form
- Attach the following documents:
– Your updated professional CV (no longer than 3 pages)
– Bio page of your passport (or national ID)
– Copy of your highest completed qualification (no transcripts)
– Attach a letter of recommendation (not older than 2 years) attesting to your
- Attach your cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following questions:
– Why do you want to become an African Union Youth Volunteer?
– What makes you the best candidate for AU-YVC?
– What skills are you bringing to the AU-YVC and your host organization?
- Review and submit your application before: Friday, 31 July 2020 midnight (Addis Ababa
▪ Incomplete and late applications will not be considered
▪ Only successful applicants will be contacted
▪ Providing incomplete or incorrect information is ground for immediate termination
- FAO Call for Application: RAF Internship Programme, 2020
- World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2020/21
1) 15 August – eligibility check.
2) 31 August – successful applicants will be notified.
3) November: Pre-deployment orientation training.
4) 2020/21: Deployment of trained volunteers.
The African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of pre-deployment training and subsequent volunteer deployment for successful candidates.
An African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following benefits & opportunities:
1) Unique opportunity to engage at highest continental policy and programs at the African Union
2) Network with Young African leaders from across the continent
3) Economy return ticket to place of deployment
4) A monthly stipend to cover living expenses
5) Health insurance cover
6) AU Service Passport
7) Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months service
8) Training and mentorship opportunities
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020