FAO Call for Application: RAF Internship Programme 2020: The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations is pleased to announce the call for expression of interest in the Regional Office for Africa (RAF) internship programme. The internship offering is a learning opportunity aimed at attracting talented young men and women who are strongly motivated to share their recent perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience FAO’s domains.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate degree or recent graduates with a chance to supplement their academic achievements with a practical work assignment in a field related to the mandate of FAO.
Internship Sponsor(s): Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Internship to be taken at: Regional Office for Africa (RAF)
Internship level: Undergraduate, Graduate and Postgraduate
Internship Benefit: Monthly Stipend
Subject Eligibility: FAO’s areas of interest
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The internship opportunity is for candidates from FAO member Nations.
You may also like: UNDP UN Volunteer Operations Associate Internship 2020
Internship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the FAO Call for Application: RAF Internship Programme, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Applicants must specialize in field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Applicants must possess working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, French, English, Russian, Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Applicants must be a citizen of FAO Member Nations
- Applicants should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Applicants must possess appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
- Applicants with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual agreement are not eligible for the internship programme.
- UNDP Graduate and Experience Hire – UNDP Recruitment 2020
- LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Program for Recent Graduates 2020
Application Procedures for the FAO Call for Application: RAF Internship Programme, 2020
Applicants are to visit the recruitment website Jobs at FAO at FAO and complete their online profile. Incomplete applications will be considered. Applicants should note that only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Application Deadline: 10:59:00 PM, 31st July, 2020