World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2020/21: The World Bank Group Africa Region announces the opening of the application for the 2021 World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program for candidates enrolled in a PhD program and recent PhD graduates who are nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa.
The World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program targets talented and young Africans who are completing, or have recently completed their PhD in an area relevant to the World Bank’s activity. The program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank group offices in Washington D.C or in country offices to gain hands-on Experience.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): World Bank Group
Fellowship to be taken at: World Bank Group offices
Fellowship level: Postdoctoral and Doctoral Candidates
Fellowship Worth: Fully Funded
Subject Eligibility: Areas relevant to World Bank’s activities
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for both nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa.
You may also like: Call for Application: World Bank Group Young Professionals Program 2020
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2020/21, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a recent PhD graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the PhD program.
- Applicants must possess an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must be in possession of strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Applicants must be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership potentials as evident in their academic credentials.
- Selected candidates will be notified and upon acceptance, will be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2021. Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C or a WBG country office from their university or institution, and worker’s compensation insurance.
- 2020 AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programs for Africans
- DFID-World Bank-UNHCR Young Fellowship Program, 2020
Application Procedures for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2020/21
Applicants are to visit the official application website and complete the online application form while also ensuring that they attach the required supporting documents. Applicants are to ensure that they provide accurate information.
Application Deadline: 23rd August, 2020