Call for Application: 2020 African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship: The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is pleased to announce the call for application for the African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship program. The program is an MSc and PhD Research Fellowship opportunities in Sanitation and Fecal Waste Management in East Africa. The fellowship is to contribute to the evidence generation and knowledge translation in sanitation and Fecal Waste Management in urban areas of East Africa.
APHRC through these fellowships hopes to build a networked cohort of well-trained scholars able to generate high quality research and interact with policymakers and practitioners on issues bordering on sanitation management policy and practice. Especially on fecal waste management.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): African Population and Health Research Center
Fellowship to be taken at: Kenya
Fellowship level: MSc and PhD
Fellowship Worth: USD 12,000 for MSc and USD 25,000 for Doctoral students
Subject Eligibility: Courses related to Sanitation and health
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for candidates from East Africa.
You may also like: 2020/21 Fellowships and Artist Residency Program for Africans
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: 2020 African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania.
- Show evidence of enrolment in a Master or PhD program at a university in Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania.
- Applicants must have completed all pre-dissertation requirements; for example, a research concept approved by the Department.
- Provide a detailed timeframe for completing their dissertation which must be endorsed by the Head of Department or the chair of the dissertation committee.
- Applicants must show competency and ability to complete their research within 12 months for MSc students and 24 months for PhD students.
Application Procedures for the Call for Application: 2020 African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship
Applicants are to submit all application materials before the application deadline. Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- A completed application form (can be downloaded from https://www.aphrc.org/). This form must be submitted electronically in MS word format.
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residence in Uganda (e.g. copy of passport or other national identification).
- Two letters of reference (at least one must come from the proposed faculty member with knowledge of applicant’s academic potential and must document how the candidate’s proposed research trajectory fits into ongoing research programs in the department). Referees contact information must be provided in the application form. For PhD student applicants, one reference letter must come from the academic supervisor at the MSc/MA Thesis, clearly indicating the research potential of the candidate.
- Submit your proposed research concept of no more than two pages and a motivation letter.
- Evidence that the research concept has undergone faculty review and received approval from an approved ethical review board and the dissertation committee or is under review for the same.
Application form and supporting documents should be submitted in a single email to email@example.com.
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand, 2020
- Postgraduate Scholarship at IESEG School of Management in France 2020
Application Deadline: June 19, 2020 by 11:59pm (Nairobi time).